The Pasadena Senior Center’s three-decade tradition of hosting live summer entertainment for all ages will continue Mondays, August 8 to September 5, from 5:30 to 7:30 pm on the center’s spacious, tree-shaded patio.
- MON AUG 8 – The Michael Haggins Band will perform a blend of smooth jazz, R&B, and funk.
- MON AUG 15 – JazzZone has entertained everyone from President Barack Obama to the local Pasadena community and beyond with its jazz standards, R&B, soul, and Latin tunes.
- MON AUG 22 – The Susie Hansen Latin Band will perform fiery jazz and salsa that will have the audience on their feet and dancing in the aisles.
- MON AUG 29 – Joyance draws upon a vast repertoire of Celtic songs in the Irish and Scottish traditions.
- MON SEP 5 – The Great American Swing Band performs music ranging from big band and standards to Dixieland, swing, and more.
Reservations are not required for the concerts. Attendees are encouraged to bring their own snacks, beverages, and/or picnic dinners. Each attendee should be prepared to show proof of COVID vaccination.
The concert series is sponsored by the Pasadena Tournament of Roses Foundation, Pasadena Showcase House for the Arts, and the Cynthia Rosedale Fund for Seniors.
In addition to online classes, onsite events, and other activities, members and nonmembers of the Pasadena Senior Center are encouraged to visit the website regularly for a monthly magazine, free food delivery for older adults in need, COVID updates specifically for older adults, and more.
The center is an independent, donor-supported nonprofit organization that has served older adults for more than 60 years. During the pandemic, doors are open Mondays through Fridays from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm for social services as well as the library, Sy Graff Fitness Center, computer lab, and limited occupancy for events. Rooms are sanitized after each use.
In accordance with Pasadena Public Health Department guidelines, proof of COVID vaccination is required for everyone who uses the fitness center or attends onsite activities indoors. Masks are optional.