For all of the information and assets you may need to open, expand, or relocate your business in Pasadena, please refer to the following resources provided by the City of Pasadena.
With 145,000 residents in the city and over 500,000 within a 5-mile radius, Pasadena is a premier location in the heart of Los Angeles County and the San Gabriel Valley. It is a city full of creatives, entrepreneurs, CEOs, and actual rocket scientists.
Honored as a 20th Annual "Most Business Friendly City Awards" finalist by the Los Angeles Economic Development Corporation, the focus of Pasadena's Economic Development Division is to support new investment into the city by way of commercial activity, development, and jobs. Whether you are starting out or building up, the intel and assets below are a resource to help you future yourself and your next big idea in Pasadena.
City of Pasadena Economic Development
Business Toolkit – Business Intelligence including the Retail Brochure, Psychographics, and Traffic Counts, as well as Business Assistance & Training resources:
- Starting a Business – Apply for a Business License, explore Zoning Code and Map and Incentives.
- Pasadena New Business Welcome Brochure [PDF 2021] - To help new businesses and their employees get acquainted, peruse this brochure to familiarize yourself with the City’s many commercial areas and networking organizations to help your business succeed and thrive.
- Old Pasadena Business District Demographics [PDF 2016] - Buxton Basic Demographic Summary Charts
- Traffic Counts [PDF 2020] - The Transportation Department conducts traffic counts and makes them available to the public. Pasadena is also serviced by 6 Gold Line Metro stops connecting Pasadena by light rail and transit to the entire Los Angeles Basin.
- Available Retail Sites Map - For customized site selection assistance, please contact
the City of Pasadena Economic Development Office at (626) 744-4660 or by email at [email protected].