Whimsy Pasadena hosts a Beginner's Modern Brush Lettering Workshop to help you get started with your lettering journey by reviewing all the lettering drills and techniques step-by-step.
During this three-hour workshop, you will not only learn the basics and drills of modern brush lettering, but also the following skills and topics:
- Ways to hold your brush pen
- The tools to help you get started
- Differing pressure levels with brush pens
- Differences between brush pens (small vs large brush pens)
- Common practice drills and drawing each letter with intention
- The faux calligraphy process
- Connecting letters
- Guidance on achieving bouncy lettering
- Guidance on achieving different styles
As a class, we will be able to practice a few uppercase and lowercase letters by breaking down the connections of each letter in a word. We will also be writing a few words such as "hello," "love," and "joy."
This workshop includes all the materials needed to get started, including:
- Brush Pen Set (Each brush pen are hand-picked and will serve a different purpose)
- 50+ Page Workbook: (includes- Alphabet Sheet Guide, Outline of the basics, practice sheets for both uppercase & lowercase letters, different styles/compositions, tips and techniques)
- Lettering Paper
- Personalized Name Tag + Positive Quote Print
- Email recap of all the tools along with a lifetime access to digital downloads (practice sheets + workbook), and instructional videos for more guidance
No prior experience needed. Please purchase tickets online in advance.